Top Spring Maintenance Tips - For Every Home
No home comes maintenance FREE. Even a brand new house requires regular upkeep to ensure its internal environment stays healthy. If you live in a house that is less than seven years old, home maintenance is essential. Here are some of the top tips to ensure your home remains in good shape no matter how old it is:
- clear eaves-troughs of debris regularly and extend downspouts so that water is directed away from your home. Water that flows around the foundation could eventually find its way into the basement.
- have your roof inspected regularly to ensure shingles, flashing and chimney caps are in place and sealed properly.
- fix the caulking around windows and doors if it becomes cracked or separated.
- clean or replace your furnace filter.
- check air ducts, remove covers and vacuum dust from vents.
- investigate and identify any musty smells and odors. They are often an indicator that there is a hidden moisture problem.
- in winter; shut off the exterior water supply and drain water lines.
- check for condensation and proper humidity levels.
By following an annual maintenance routine, you can keep your new or older home in top shape.