MacGregor Real Estate Listings and Information
The Town of MacGregor, known as "The Heart of The Keystone Province" is proud of its heritage. The Town of MacGregor offers a peaceful rural setting within the Municipality of North Norfolk with access to many amenities. We would like to invite you to come and visit our friendly and beautiful community!
The history of MacGregor parallels other western Canadian settlements of the late 1800's. Settlers, Farmers, and Tradesmen began to pour into Manitoba following the old Boundary Commission Trail. With the prospect of establishing a rail link with eastern Canada, and ties to a Trans-Continental system, many people vigorously pursued the establishment of a town site. With the coming of the railway, MacGregor began a period of great expansion. The first newspaper in the community began publishing in 1897, under the name of The Herald and North Norfolk Advertiser. The first CP station was constructed with the purpose of accommodating light traffic; however, it soon became clear that a new and larger station was needed. In 1902, a second and much larger station was built. In 1915, MacGregor was formed into an unincorporated Village, but it was not until much later in 1947 that MacGregor was actually incorporated as a village. The Village received electricity in 1934, its first hard surfaced highway in 1935, and connection to the natural gas distribution system in 1966. Today, after many great changes have shaped the community, the one thing that has not changed, is the hard working and industrious nature of the residents of MacGregor.