As a realtor specializing in rural properties, I believe in not just selling the property but in selling the rural lifestyle. Living in a country setting can be extremely rewarding! Imagine no rush hour on your way home!
The questions I get asked though, is "What is there to do in the country??" "Isn't it boring?"
So I've compiled a quick list of things to do for rural property hunters, to get you in the mood for country living!
1. Go hiking
2. Identify the local flower species
3. Canoe on a lake
4. Kayak down a stream
5. Look for rough garnets in a creek or river
6. Pan for gold
7. Get a lawn chair and wait for a clear night to do some star gazing.
8. Pick mushrooms!
9. Build a chicken coop
10. Get some chickens!
11. Take riding lessons
12. Learn to ride an ATV
13. Ride your bicycle down a country road
14. Host a weiner roast
15. Read a book
16. Plant some flowers
17. Help an elderly person plant flowers
18. Take the dog for a walk
19. Take the kids to the local general store for an ice cream cone
20. Watch a rodeo
21. Go to a community potluck and meet your neighbors
22. Go fishing in the local lake
23. Learn how to clean a fish
24. Barbeque the fish you caught!
25. Light a campfire
26. Volunteer at the local community group.
27. Take up quilting
28. Get out your camera and take some close ups of insects!
29. Go tubing on a river
30. Have a pancake breakfast on your deck for your neighbors
31. Build a gazebo
32. Plant a garden
33. Volunteer at the local school or library
34. Build a faerie garden complete with a home made faerie house.
35. Participate in a poker rally - whether it be on foot, on ATV, or on horseback
36. Have a nap in a hammock
37. Shop at the local farmer's market
38. Pick wild berries
39. Make jam from those berries
40. Learn to bake bread the old way
I'll leave it at 40 for now. I am sure this is going to keep you busy for a while!