- Inspect your walls (including basement) for moisture. If you find wetness, run a portable dehumidifier. If the wetness persists, consult a waterproofing contractor.
- Daylight Savings Time begins, a good time to replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean the refrigerator, inside and out, with mild detergent. Remove, clean and dry trays and shelves. Remove old ice from ice-making tray.
- Cleaning the garage and storage areas. Dispose of paint thinners, household cleaners and pesticides properly ( hint: check with local department of public works).
- Check to make sure your sump pump works properly by pouring water into the pump silo to raise the float and activate the motor.
- Test the pressure and temperature relief valve on your water heater (carefully!!). If little or no water flows out or it doesn't shut off, replace it.
CROOKERHANCOX HOME INSPECTIONS INC.
"NOT JUST AN INSPECTION, AN EDUCATION!!"
18 Carmichael Crs.
Brantford, Ontario N3R-8A8
Toll Free 1-877-446-1002