Please keep in mind, we are not here to just find defects, we don't open walls and take things apart like you see on TV. We are here to help your buyer make your house their home. How do we do this? We offer solutions to defects found plus offer improvements to help protect their investment. The Home Inspection is also an education. There is no perfect home and there are no bad homes, the home just has to be suitable for your buyer.
- Plan on us arriving 30 mins early, we will start on the outside of the home and on the roof.
- Please inform us of any special details regarding the home and feel free to tell us about improvements.
- Pets, please ensure the yard is clear of droppings and remove the pets from the home if possible.
- Think of this as an open house....the home inspection is typically the longest amount of time your buyer has spent in the home. We can be on the inspection for up to 3 hours. Most offers are conditional on the home inspection. Ensure the home is still inviting to your buyer.......Remember, the home is NOT sold yet!
- Fix the little things, the inspection report can become lengthy with little items, loose railings, loose toilets, loose faucets. Almost every report I write will have 1 of those 3 things in it. Most are easy to fix and it helps to keep the inspection report small.
- Any repairs that you have paid for, leave copies of the receipts on the Kitchen counter where we can find them.
- Please leave access to electrical panel, furnace, water heater, etc and if possible access to all basement exterior walls, crawlspace, under stairs for visual and Infrared inspection.
- Leave keys for sheds, out building etc or leave them unlocked.
- Gates, please leave the fence gates to your backyard unlocked, remember I will be 30 mins early.
- If the property is vacant, please turn on water, gas, hydro etc.
- Turn on the pilot lights (Flame) on gas fireplaces so your buyer can see it working.
- Your Attic, we will need access to the attic hatch, please ensure items are not in the way. Clothes can stay if the attic hatch is in your closet, clothing will be covered.
These tips are compliments of :