Whether you are preparing your house to sell or it's time to update your out of date house, kitchens are one of the rooms that offer the most value. Contrary to popular belief it doesn't have to cost you a fortune to significantly improve and modernize your kitchen.
Here is a list of a few upgrades that will WOW your guests the next time they are over for a dinner party.
- Cabinet Re-facing or Painting: If the cabinets are in good condition but looking a little aged, liven them up with a fresh, new glossy paint job. For a little more of an investment have the cabinet front doors replaced or refaced. This can transform your old cabinets in to sleek new cabinets.
- Faucet and Sinks: A new, modern faucet can go a long way in making an area of the kitchen stand out that normally doesn't. Replacing the faucet, sink or hardware or all jobs that can be done quite easily and inexpensively.
- Lighting: Upgrading the lighting fixtures can positively affect the overall style of the kitchen. There is nothing like a modern, bright kitchen.
- Backsplash: Backsplashes take center stage when it comes to the artsy aspect of your kitchen. Choose a neutral palette that will accentuate other highlight features in your kitchen. Next time you are in hardware or tile store checkout the bargain section and see what it has to offer.
- Countertop: For just a couple hundred dollars including installation you can purchase a new laminate countertop that will give your kitchen that contemporary look you're striving for.
We hope these ideas help you achieve that new look you're looking for in your kitchen. For more home staging tips and any real estate selling or needs please contact us today!