According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity rose nearly two per cent from July to August 2014.
- National home sales rose 1.8% from July to August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 2.1% above August 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes fell 1.2% from July to August.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.3% year-over-year in August.
- The national average sale price also rose 5.3% on a year-over-year basis in August.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose 1.8 per cent on a month-over-month basis in August 2014, marking the seventh consecutive monthly increase, and the highest level for sales since January 2010.