It's that time again! The Vancouver Home + Design show is at BC Place October 17th-20th. Grab some information and inspiration from this event from over 325 exhibitors. Annie Sloan, who will be in Vancouver for the show this year is one of the worlds most popular experts in decorative painting. Here's a D.I.Y. tutorial on a Stenciled Wall. (photos and tutorial courtesy of the vancouver home and design website)
- Pour two colors into a roller tray. Roll the roller into the pain so half is covered by one color, and the other half by another color.
- Place the stencil on the wall and roll the paint over random parts of the stencil. Move the stencil around and continue to do this.
- Next, pour two different colors in the roller tray and stencil the wall again with the new colors randomly. "Trust your gut feeling to make the design more overlapped and denser" - Annie Sloan
- When you are done the wall, you may leave it as is, or give it a wash of Old White Chalk Paint to make the design subtler. Wet a large brush before dipping it into the white paint.
- With a damp sponge, wipe the surface to blend and lighting the design.
- Let dry, and enjoy!
Sandra Laratta, Century 21 In Town Realty, 421 Pacific Street Vancouver, BC V6Z 2P5
Phone 604-685-5951 Fax: 604-685-2807E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org