The good people at Gesamtkunstwerk and Westbank hosted a special event exclusive for our office this morning to discuss the plans for Vancouver House and The Beach District. This project will completely change the base of the Granville street bridge on the downtown side and Vancouver's skyline forever! Some call it The Twisty Building but architecturally it actually begins in the shape of a triangle at the base and evolves into a rectangle as you get closer to the penthouses in order to abide by city setback regulations around the Granville street bridge.
Here is a photo demonstrating this revolutionary design:
Curious about this project/neighbourhood? It is worth visiting before they close down at the end of this month. They don't have a sales centre right now, it is more of an art exhibit detailing the entire design and planning process. You can take a 40 minute tour with headphones and no sales pressure because they haven't begun selling yet. Over 12,000 people have visited to date & counting!
Here is a time-lapse video of the build-out of the Gesamtkunstwerk exhibition space in Vancouver. It opened to the public on Saturday March 22, 2014. Designed by Bjarke Ingels and BIG and produced by Westbank, this exhibition explores the evolution of Vancouver architecture from what it was to what it will be. This is a display centre like you have never seen before!
Gesamtkunstwerk Exhibition Time-Lapse Part One:
Gesamtkunstwerk Exhibition Time-Lapse Part Two (facing the opposite direction):
Here are some photos I took during the presentation today:
There is a ton more to write about but the bottom line is this is something new and unique for Vancouver. Something fresh and different from the usual display centres. This is the future of high end Real Estate developments and architecture. You need to see it to understand & appreciate it so take 40 minutes out of your lunch time and stop in.
Curious about floor plans and pricing? Email me at info@Cortney.ca and I will add you to our Priority Buyer's List ensuring you get floor plans, pricing and a reservation for when sales begin later this summer!
A few highlights of this project:
- 24 hour concierge service trained and hired through the Fairmont Vancouver.
- Residents will have exclusive use of several BMWs on site.
- 24 meter lap pool.
- 15,000 to 20,000 square foot fitness facility maintained & run by a 3rd party.
- Commercial, Residential & Retail Space to create a complete community.
- Studios, 1 bed, 1 plus den, 2 bed, 3 bed and 4 bedroom residences to be sold.
- Proposed new greenway down the centre of Granville bridge with a staircase or ramp connecting this neighbourhood to it.
- Triple Pane Windows & Vacuum Insulated Panels to reduce noise and heat transfer from inside to out & vise-versa.
- Heat Recovery Ventilation, Low Temperature Hydronic Heating and Cooling, Water Conservation Plumbing Fixtures.
- Planning to achieve LEED Platinum designation for Vancouver House.
- 5 of the highest speed elevators in all of Canada.
- & much, much, more!
The entire development will contain 710,000 square feet of space, with the 52 storey residential tower having 400 units, the 10 storey rental building with 98 units, and an additional 3 triangular retail/commercial blocks.
Some additional info:
- Engineers: Glotman-Simpson of Vancouver in association with Buro Happold of New York.
- Developer: Westbank - Creator of Fairmont Pacific Rim, Woodward's, Toronto & Vancouver Shangri-La Hotels, and Telus Garden, one of the world's first LEED Platinum office towers.
- Design Architect: BIG NYC
- Plumbing Fixtures: DURAVIT & KOHLER
- Elevators: Gunn Consultants Inc.
- Geotech: Geopacific Consultants Ltd.
- Structure: Buro Happold Consultant Engineers
Again, email me at info@Cortney.ca & I will provide any additional information you require about Vancouver House. Are you considering Vancouver House to be your next real estate investment? Contact me today!
Century 21 In Town Realty