Transitioning from Summer to Fall
"There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!" ~Percy Bysshe Shelley
Now that the dog days of summer are upon us, the natural tendency is towards a sadness that the warm, sunny weather and free time of holidays is coming to an end. However, the natural transitioning cycles of the earth's seasons are quite essential to our physical and emotional well-being. So too is it now important to look at your home and find what changes need to take place as we enter into a new season. Our home environment is hugely reflective of our own inner happiness and well-being.
Let's start with the outside of your house.
- Switch over to a beautiful Fall arrangement for your front porch. Welcome the new season.
- Now is the time to begin a leaf-disposal system before you get over-whelmed. Remember that dry leaves make an excellent mulch on dying flower beds that can be removed in the Spring.
- It's a good time to cut back any low-hanging branches to get an early start on Spring pruning. You've probably got a few branches you've been doing battle with all summer.
- Give your outdoor tools a good cleaning before storing them for the Winter. You'll be very happy that you did.
- Make sure to store your work gloves with your tools. It will save you from the big hunt for them when you need them.
- Here's a great link to HGTV on how to prepare your lawn for Fall: http://www.hgtv.com/gardening/how-to-prepare-your-garden-for-fall/index.html
Now let's focus on the house itself.
- Check all the weather-stripping and replace any that is worn-out or falling off. It's good to do this while the weather is still nice enough.
- Check the furnace and store air conditioners.
- Clean out the gutters.
- Reverse the fan setting. Winter setting should be pushing air down to circulate warmth.
- Check those alarms! New batteries will give you peace of mind.
Now that you've done what you can to prepare for the coming season, give yourself a big pat on the back. You can now use your time to focus on all the wonderful things that come with the Fall. How about new TV programming? Maybe cooler nights and walks in the dry leaves? And let's not forget the fun of Halloween! Whatever it is that makes you happy and positive about the beautiful changes of our seasons, go in that direction and you'll have renewed energy to take on the days as they unfold.
What was the best part of your week?
Hope you've enjoyed this posting. If you have any questions, any little known facts or interesting Vancouver Stories or pictures you'd like to share,please feel free to contact me.
Trust Proven Results From a Proven Top Producer.
Dedicated to being Eco-friendly and Earth-aware.
For all your Real Estate needs, please contact me at:
Gerry Gramek @ 604-551-2747