The Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc. (Multiple Listing Service) is reporting an increase in home sales and prices in July compared to the same month last year.
Statistics for July 2012 compared to July 2011:
- Sales in Regina and area:
- up 16% - from 334 to 386
- Sales in the city:
- up 10% - from 273 to 301
- Average sale price in Regina and area:
- up 10% - from $270,575 to $297,708
- Average sale price in the city:
- up 9% - from $284,165 to $313,917
- Active Listings at the end of July:
- 1,411, including 615 in the city of which 100 are conditionally sold
- New listings in July:
- up 3% - from 599 to 615
- Number of Sales
- up 15% - from 2,275 to 2,608
- Average sale price:
- up 8% - from $276,588 to $299,571
The number of sales fell below the 400 level for the first time in four months. This is typical for July when more attention is placed on vacations, kids out of school and enjoying the summer. Then the market generally picks up again in August. With the reduced number of sales and increase in new listings coming on the market there are more homes for buyers to choose from right now.
As local market experts, CENTURY 21 Dome Realty sales professionals are uniquely trained and qualified to help home buyers and sellers. To view property listings, please visit my website at www.century21.ca/iris.viney.