As reported in the Leader Post, building permits have been setting records for about the past 10 years. 2011 is the first time to hit the $500-million mark in the city's 108 year old history.
Some of the major construction projects include:
- Hill Centre Tower III, a new 20 storey office tower downtown. This rendering shows the transformation of Regina's skyline.
- A luxury condominium project is underway near downtown. A 10-storey building with 71 units on the southwest corner of Broad Street and 15th Avenue.
- Arcola Community School. This "green" school will have a green roof with a weather station, a vegetable and herb garden for students and a layout that maximizes natural light. This school is expected to open for the 2011-12 school year, and is designed to accommodate 400 students.
- RCMP Training Academy, dormitory building.
- Douglas Park School (model animation). This school is also expected to open for the 2011-12 school year.