- Inspect the unit to make sure it’s in good working condition.
- The A/C must be levelled and free from obstruction.
- Do not fully cover your A/C unit during the winter or it will cause the fins to rust inside. Instead, consider covering it with a piece of plywood and secure it with a rock.
- Maintain your deck by ensuring it’s stained or painted on a regular basis.
- Check the overall structure every Spring and Fall.
- Ensure there are proper footings to prevent sinking.
- Proper guardrails should be at least 36” to 42” tall.
- Ensure entrance has a working fire-rated door with auto closure.
- Check safety lasers on automatic door openers are aligned and operational.
- Use a wood block to test door closure for pressure
- Check for common rodent entry points, including open gaps in the exterior.
- Another common entry point is where the A/C lines enter the house.