In the Regina area, 259 homes sold in November, up 10% from the 235 sales in November 2012. The number of sales was above the immediate past five-year average of 248 and well above the ten-year average of 228 for the month. This is the fourth highest level of sales in the past 10 years as reported by the Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc.
Statistics for November 2013 compared to November 2012:
- Sales in Regina and area:
- up 10% - from 235 to 259
- Sales in the city:
- up 15% - from 194 to 223
- Average sale price in Regina and area including bedroom communities:
- up 1% - from $303,831 to $306,631
- Average sale price in the city:
- up 2% - from $318,479 to $325,380
- Average price to the end of November was $312,077, up 4% from $2012's $298,701.
- Number of sales to the end of November - 3,523 sales, down 8% from 2012's 3,811 sales.
- In the city there were 2,882 sales, down 5% from 2012 when 3.018 sales occurred.
A larger proportion of higher priced homes sold in the month and attributed to the increase in monthly average price.
The number of sales that occurred during the month was consistent with what is expected at this time of the year. November and December are typically slower months for sales but there continues to be a good supply of homes on the market for buyers.
As local market experts, CENTURY 21 Dome Realty sales professionals are uniquely trained and qualified to help home buyers navigate the opportunities that exist in the local real estate market and provide sellers with excellent marketing and exposure for their properties. To view property listings, please visit our website at www.century21dome.com.
Posted by Leanna Smith on December 11, 2013