Big White Ski Resort Information
I have specialized in recreational sales at Big White Ski Resort for the past 15 years. I have an extensive knowledge of the local real estate market whether it be new development, condos, town homes or stand alone chalets. Having lived in the resort for two years gives me an intimate knowledge of the hill that very few real estates agent can offer. Be sure to visit the Big White Mountain Visitor's Guide for information and links to businesses, restaurants, pubs and more. I am friendly and will give you pragmatic straight to the point advice at all times. Whether you are thinking of buying or selling be sure to call on me your Big White Ski Resort Specialist and "Local Expert".
Below are a few pictures I took while living on the hill...
A few helpful websites about Big White:
Here is an overview of the resort with everything you need to know:
• 56 km (35 miles) to Village Centre. East/southeast of Kelowna from Hwy 97 via Hwy 33 and Big White Road.
• 45 km (30 miles) to Westridge base.
• 45-60 minute drive from Kelowna.
• Shuttle available from Kelowna Airport.
Winter Hours of Operation:
• Mid-November to mid-April
• Day Skiing: 8:45 am-3:30 pm
• Night Skiing: 5:00 pm-8:00 pm Tuesday to Saturday Night Skiing times may vary at different times of the season.
• 750 cm (294 inches or 24.5 ft) average
• 1 - 8 Passenger High Speed Leitner Gondola (Lara's Gondola)
• 1 - 6 Passenger High Speed Chair (Snow Ghost Express)
• 4 - 4 Passenger High Speed Chairs (Ridge Rocket, Village Bullet, Black Forest, Gem Lake)
• 1 - 4 Passenger Beginner Chair (Plaza Chair)
• 1 - 3 Passenger Chair (Powder Chair)
• 3 - 2 Passenger Chairs (Falcon Chair, TELUS Park, The Cliff)
• 1 - T-bar (Summit T-bar)
• 1 - Children's Magic Carpet
• 1 - Beginner 450 foot Magic Carpet
• 2 - Tubing Lifts (Mega Snow Coaster)
Total Uphill Capacity:
• 28,000 skiers per hour
• 20 million Vertical Transport Feet (VTF) per hour
• Resort Area: 7,355 acres (3,052 hectares)
• Patrolled Area: 2,765 acres (1,147 hectares)
• Groomed Area: 905 acres (367 hectares)
• Alpine and Glades: 1,525 acres (618 hectares)
• Western Canada's Largest Resort Night Skiing Area: 38 acres (15 hectares)
• Summit: 2,319 m (7,606 ft)
• Village Centre: 1,755 m (5,757 ft)
• Westridge Base: 1,508 m (4,950 ft)
• 118 Designated Trails
• 18% Beginner
• 54% Intermediate
• 22% Expert
• 6% Extreme
• Longest Run: 7.2 km (4.5 miles) Top of T-Bar to Bottom of Gem Lake
• 777 m (2,550 ft)
• Super Pipe: 500 ft long with 17 ft transitional walls
• Standard Half Pipe: 400 ft long with 12 ft transitional walls
• Boarder/Skier-Cross course that can be tuned up to run regional, national, and World Cup events
• beginner/intermediate and intermediate/advanced lanes combined with rails and jumps
• Big White offers 25 km (15.5 miles) of incredible Nordic trails groomed with state of the art grooming equipment for both skate and classic technique.
Ski and Weather Conditions:
• Online Snow Conditions (average snow base 186cm)
• Online Mountain Forecast (average temperature -4.1 degree celsius)
• Vernon: (250) 542-1745
• Salmon Arm: (250) 832-1181
• Kelowna: (250) 765-7669
• 3 Village Hotels
• 25 Condo/Town Home Complexes
• 244 Vacation Home and Luxury Cabins
• 1 Ski-in/Ski-out Youth Hostel
• Ski Dazzle Ski Shop in Village Centre Mall with a full selection of clothing, equipment and souvenirs
• The Village Rider also in the Village Centre Mall features an array of snowboards and related equipment
• Down Under gift shop on the lower level of the Village Centre Mall
• The Village Souvenir Shop located in the Whitefoot Lodge above the grocery store, offers special gifts and memorabilia of a Big White vacation
Restaurants and Bars:
• Full range of facilities ranging from cafeterias to fine dining. A total of 17 restaurants, cafes and delis, which includes 8 lounges/bars.
• Entertainment and Nightlife includes regular après-ski with live bands in bars and pubs.
Ski and Snowboard School:
• Over 100 qualified instructors. Ski, snowboard, telemark. Private and group lessons. Special improvement camps. Kids Ski School voted #1 in Canada. Ladies Day, Men's Day. Recreational race camps. TELUS Park Flight School & Heavy Metal Shops.
• Big White's Tot Town Day Care is unique, exciting and filled with activities and adventures. Children are kept busy with a mixture of indoor play and (weather permitting) outdoor activities. The Tot Town Daycare is for children aged 18 months to 5 years.
• Complimentary ski, snowboard and cross country mountain tours offered by the fabulous snow hosts. Snow Hosts meet daily in the village at 9:30 am and 1:30 pm.
• Mega Snow Coaster
• Snowmobile tours
• Ice skating
• Spas: Day Escape Body Care, European Day Spa and Beyond Wrapture
• Family events, carnivals
• General/Deli/Liquor Store
• Internet Access
• Rental Shop
• Ski and Board Repair Shop
CENTURY 21 Assurance Realty Ltd.
Tourism Kelowna Video
Some People Say This Place Doesn’t Exist
1,660 living area
749 living area
1,534 living area
241 living area
440 living area
326 living area