Bergman Real Estate Listings and Information
The residential area now called Bergman remained an undeveloped tract of land northeast of the City of Edmonton until after 1910. The area’s population began to grow however, when rich coal seams that lay beneath the soil were discovered and coal mining began. In 1913 the area was incorporated as the Village of Beverly. By 1914 the population in the area reached 1,000 and Beverly was incorporated as a town. The boundary line between Edmonton and Beverly was 50th Street. Until after WWII the fortunes of Beverly rose and fell with the successes and failures of the local coal industry. When the last mine was closed in 1952 Beverly’s population was 2,000.
For more information, click here