What are the 6 things every Kitchener Waterloo home buyer should know before buying a corner lot?
1. Snow removal can be a burden as you typically have 2 sidewalks to clear.
2. Privacy can be limited due to sidewalk traffic and the proximity of the house behind you.
3. The postie won't be the only person using your lawn as a shortcut.
4. The interior of the home will be brighter as there's no house next door to block light from coming in.
5. The yard is typically bigger as building setback requirements for corner homes are greater.
6. The yard is more accessible if you decide to put in a swimming pool or a hot tub.
As you can see, there are pros and cons to living on a corner lot. As with all homes, buyers should try and visualize what life would be like living there. Check the yard for noise, privacy, sunshine, shade etc.
This Kitchener Waterloo real estate blog is dedicated to providing answers when you've got questions. For advice you can count on, feel free to call, text or email 519-505-4488 firstname.lastname@example.org.