If this is your first home, undoubtedly you will be having butterflies about the entire process with lots questions. When you are considering purchasing a home you will very likely have many questions on your mind.
- when is the best time to buy winter, summer, spring or fall.
- Is the market falling or rising
- how much house can you afford
- more important, how much house do you want to invest in.
- do you want a picture perfect house or something that you will be rolling up your sleeves and renovate.
- what about location, size, # of bedrooms, age, garage.
- consider location, community, schools, ease of access.
Some other things to consider:
- closing costs, how much are they, and what do they include.
- how much is the Manitoba Land Transfer Tax.
- how much do you have for the down-payment
- What is a gift letter for your downpayment.
- what about other sources of your down payment like using RRSP's and what is the HBP.
- should you get a home inspection, and how much will it cost.
- what conditions to purchase should you use to protect yourself.
- what is title insurance and do you need a survey certificate
- what about house insurance, mortgage insurance, CMHC financing insurance.
- can you afford to make repairs to the home right away.
- have you met with a banker or mortgage broker yet.
- what about a lawyer.
If your looking for someone to dedicate time and effort in assisting you in the purchase of your home, I would be pleased to have a chat with you. I will provide you with a detailed home buyers package that will go over many of the above questions and more. I also like to provide a sample copy of the purchase agreement so you have plenty of time to review and understand the actual offer to purchase and what it means. And of course accessing the entire marketplace and help you choose the best homes to view. The ones with the features you are looking for, in the community you desire, in the price range that is comfortable.
Call me for a discreet, no obligation interview at 204 724 4438