(First Time Home Buyer's Guide)
1. SURF THE WEB - Do some web research on the housing market. Feel free to visit my website at www.jennibast.com or www.realtor.ca. I am also a phone call or email away from any questions you may have, no matter how large or small.
2. GET PRE-APPROVED - Contact me and I can refer you to some Mortgage Brokers who are great to work with or if you feel comfortable you can use your own. Mortgage Brokers can help you get pre-approved and find the best rate for you!
3. CALL ME - As your Buyer's Agent, I can help you find the best house for your needs and wants. I can set you up on Listing Email Updates under the criteria you choose. Contact me and I can tell you why you should use a REALTOR like me to help with the purchase of your first home.
4. BUILD YOUR PLAN - I can help you define what you are looking for. I will gather your wants and needs in your ideal home. I take this into consideration while I research the Real Estate Market for possible homes to view with you.
5. GO HOME HUNTING - Once I have found you a list of possible homes to view. We sit down together to rate the properties you would be interested seeing and the ones' that aren't worth our time. I will set up the appointments and we will go together to view the properties. I can point out key factors to watch for and help you in your decision-making process.
6. PREPARE AN OFFER - Once you have decided on a home; I will let you know what you should be considering such as conditions, time and price. I can help you with the negotiation process and guide you along smoothly with my expertise in the Real Estate area.
7. GET MORTGAGE APPROVED - Once your offer has been accepted, go back to your Mortgage Broker and he/she will get your mortgage approved based on the final price of the home.
8. GET INSPECTIONS & REMOVE CONDITIONS - At this time, I will bring to your attention other factors that you may need to purchase such as looking after other conditions (building & furnace inspections, etc.). Together we can make sure all this is looked after.
9. CLOSE THE DEAL - When preparing your offer, I can suggest lawyers that can help you finalize the sale. Then you meet to sign all the necessary documents to process this transaction.
10. PROTECT YOUR NEW HOME - You will need insurance from your home (separate from your mortgage insurance). Your mortgage broker or myself can recommend who to talk to.
11. LOOK AFTER THE OTHER TO-DO'S - Most people think that once the sale of the house is final, the work is done. I will bring to your attention a checklist of other things to schedule (ex.movers, Canada Post mailing changes, etc). so that you move in with a peace of mind.
12. HOME SWEET HOME!! - Congratulations, you are now ready to move into your new home! I will come with you on possession day to hand your keys over and make sure that everything has been looked after.
Please Check out These Other Links:
Canadian Mortgage & Housing Corp (CMHC) http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/buho/
Tips for First Time Homebuyers http://homebuying.about.com/od/buyingahome/bb/shopping1sttime.htm