1. Always pay your bills on time. (The payment of utility bills such as phone, cable and electricity are not recorded in your credit report, however many cell phone companies report late payments.)
2. Pay Debts as quickly as possible.
3. Try to pay your full balance off on all cards every month whenever possible.
4. Don’t go over the credit limit on your credit cards.
5. Don’t make too many credit applications (use a Mortgage broker). Your score doesn’t change if you personally make credit inquiries.
6. Contact creditors if you’re having trouble making payments and work out solutions.
7. Read the statements you receive from your credit card company carefully. Keep yourself up-to-date with any changes or fee increases.
8. Keep your credit usage to no more than two credit cards and one Line Of Credit. Avoid store credit cards.
9. Get a copy of your credit report from all three credit-reporting agencies at least once a year and make sure they’re in order.
At this time of year, especially if we were extra generous with our gift giving, it’s important to review the top factors that can lower our credit scores.
Info. taken from:
#205 - 2445 Broad St. Regina Sask S4P 0C7