Based on the weather we're expecting today, I'd say there will be a lot of people with an extra spring in their step this weekend and a larger number in the car wash line ups! There's lots to do in #Oakville this weekend, besides gathering with your family during this special time. You'll want to hop on by these events this weekend!
1. . Short notice for this event but a great cause to help out! Join the National Service Dogs for their 'Easter Egg Hunt for Dogs and Their Families' Friday, April 3rd at Bronte Park - http://www.gifttool.com/athon/AthonDetails?ID=1327&AID=2891. Online registration is preferred; however you can register at the event, NSD receives no government funding and relies on corporate donors, local sponsors and annual fundraising events.
2. St. Joseph's Ukranian Catholic Church, 300 River Oaks Boulevard East, is holding their Easter Bazaar this coming Saturday, April 4th. If you've taken the time to visit St. Joseph's on Thursday afternoons to check out their homemade perogies and other treats, you'll want to stop by the Bazaar - 2-7 p.m. on Saturday.
3. Stop by Cole's Book Store in Oakville Place from 2-4 p.m. on Saturday to meet Plum Johnson, Oakville's own, as she signs her funny and poignant book 'They Left Us Everything.'
4. Hop on down to Bronte Village for their 'Easter EGGstravaganza' 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday April 4th - http://brontevillage.net/tag/easter-egg-hunt/.
5. If you haven't had the opportunity to accompany your children on a field trip with their school to Springridge Farms, you'll want to head up there this weekend for their 'Easter Festival' - and, of course, check out their market for farm fresh baking, yum! Puppet show, face painting, wagon rides and so much more to enjoy! http://www.springridgefarm.com/
I plan on packing a lot of enjoyment into the weekend with my family, I hope you do too! 'Hop' to see everyone out and about! Happy Easter from my family to yours!