Growing up and living in the east end of the city, I found that it is almost true that I never have to leave that end…except to A) Go to work or B) Go to a movie theatre.
Today I wanted to write about a neighbourhood I have always loved, located on the South East Edge of Regina- Windsor Park.
From the late 90's to mid 2000's Windsor park was one of Regina's newest and most sought-after communities. Windsor Park has a host of amenities perfect for growing families. In my opinion, here are the best things about living in Windsor Park:
1) Elementary Schools- Both Jack Mackenzie and St.Gabriel Elementary schools are situated together on "Buckingham Drive" (maybe that's why I am biased?) Both schools have tremendous educational opportunities and sandwiched between the schools is the Arcola East Community Association.
2) Community Activity choice- The Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre (SSLC) is conveniently located right as you drive into Windsor Park. The SSLC offers plenty of opportunities for families to get out of the house (Swimming, fitness classes, Regina Public library). I took the "Butts n Guts" Class at the SSLC and I can say that not only was our teacher awesome; I actually felt like I got results from it! Nearby is another innovative fitness facility- Anytime Fitness. Anytime is a 24 hour facility that has plenty of offerings and is quite reasonably priced as well.
3) Beautiful landscape & parks- As I went for a run one day through Windsor Park, I immersed myself in the beauty that this neighbourhood has to offer. Ball diamonds, play structures, green spaces…what more could your kids or animals want?
4) Friendly atmosphere- Maybe it's just me, but anytime I go for a run/walk through Windsor Park I feel like the neighbourhood folk at least give me a smile or nod as I pass by.
5) Places of Worship- A few are located nearby. Resurrection Roman Catholic Parish is right in Windsor Park. Located just outside the edge of the city is Living Hope Alliance Church.
6) Very close to East End Amenities- several Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, and other shopping facilities are 5 minutes away!
Real Estate statistics for the area:
The average sale price of a home in Windsor Park in October 2012 was $432,500. The Average sale price of a home in Windsor Park for the year 2012 was $477,000. Average Days on market for October was 30 days. Average overall for the year 2012 was 22 days.
All of these amenities make Windsor Park the perfect place to call home!
Check out the websites of amenities located in/near Windsor Park:
St.Gabriel School- http://www.rcsd.ca/?q=node/79
Jack Mackenzie School- http://jackmackenzie.rbe.sk.ca/
Resurrection Roman Catholic Parish- http://www.resurrectionparish.ca/
Living Hope Alliance Church- http://livinghopealliance.ca/
Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre-
Anytime Fitness Regina- http://www.anytimefitness.com/gyms/2408/