Fall is always a busy time for buyers and sellers. If you’re looking to sell your home this fall, here are some inexpensive things you can do to make a great first impression on buyers:
- Get rid of the clutter! Cleaning and de-cluttering always rank near the top of suggested home improvements for sellers. Start sorting your belongings and get rid of what you don’t need—or box it up and put it in storage. If it looks like your home can’t accommodate your belongings, buyers will believe it can’t accommodate theirs, either!
- Rearrange your furniture to create easy walkways. Remove excess furniture to make rooms seems larger and more user friendly.
- Remove photos. They personalize your space, but they may also make it more difficult for potential buyers to visualize themselves living in your home.
- Make the space smell nice! Open windows, use air fresheners or bake cookies before showings.
- Make sure everything is clean—floors, bathrooms, kitchen. Nothing turns off a buyer faster than grime.
- Consider paint. Paint is an inexpensive way to freshen up both the interior and exterior of a home. Try to keep colors neutral.
- Don’t forget curb appeal. Lawns should be cut, hedges should be trimmed and beds should be free of weeds. Plant some flowers to brighten the exterior and give it a warm feeling.
- Start packing up clothes and linens to make closets look larger.
- Open blinds and curtains to allow lots of natural light in, and turn on lights when buyers are expected.
- Don’t forget the garage, it’s part of your home! Get rid of clutter and organize your tools, bikes, etc.
Interested in selling your home or learning more about staging? Give me a call today.
Jeremy Moore, Sales Respresentative
Century 21 United Realty*
Office: 705 743 4444
Cell: 705 931 0893
Toll Free: 1 877 272 4040