A Kitchen is the heart of many homes.
Its where families share meals, cookies are baked and memories are created. It can also be a place where accidents happen.
The Local Experts wants to help keep your family safe, so all your memories are fond ones.
This checklist for your kitchen and bath will highlight common hazards that are prevalent in many homes. Take note and prevent future accidents in your home.
Know what’s cooking in your kitchen
- Are window curtains pulled away from your stove?
- Are electrical appliances unplugged when not in use?
- Do gas appliances have flue ventilation?
- Is there a light over the sink and the stove?
- Are freezers and trash compactors locked to protect children?
- Do you keep kitchen drawers and cupboards closed?
- Are knives and sharp tools stored in a rack or drawer?
- Do cooking pot handles point away from the stove’s edge?
- Are cleaning supplies stored out of children’s reach? Do you have pot or dish holders near the stove?
Clean up any bathroom hazards
- Do tubs and showers have non-skid surfaces? Or mats?
- Have grab bars been securely installed alongside the bathtub, shower and toilet – especially if someone is elderly or disabled?
- Are all electrical appliances kept away from water and unplugged after use?
- Are all medicines (including vitamins) kept in locked cabinets – out of children’s reach?
- Do you separate medicines for external use only from other medicines?
- Do you throw away outdated prescription drugs?
- Are infants and young children always supervised when bathing?
- Can the bathroom door be unlocked from inside and out?
If you have any questions about safety in your home, please contact me. I would also be happy to assist you with any future real estate decisions when it’s the right time for you to start creating memories in your next dream home.
Jeremy Moore, Sales Respresentative
Century 21 United Realty*
Office: 705 743 4444
Cell: 705 931 0893
Toll Free: 1 877 272 4040