North Bay, ON
This interesting city has not always been my home. I grew up in Timmins, ON, and moved to Sturgeon Falls, ON to complete middle school, and then finally moved to the city of North Bay to complete high school. It has been my home ever since. I left for 6 years, and did not think I would return seeing as life in the big cities was vibrant and exciting at the time.
It was a wonderful surprise returning to North Bay, and my perspective on home had completely changed.
North Bay has so much to offer in terms of real estate:
- City living - condominiums with an amazing view of Lake Nipissing
- Downtown historic living in the Pinewood area
- Country living in communities not more than 25 minutes away! (Corbeil, Jocko Point, Chisholm, Astorville, Powassan, Callander)
- Lake living (various lakes to choose from: Talon, Trout, Nipissing, Nosbonsing, Wasi)
- Recreational properties - cottage living!
- Vacant land
- New developments (Airport Hill, Trillium Woods, Tower Dr.)
- And much more!
Finally, every year I see that despite certain economic deficits and setbacks, the city is always growing, changing, and improving. There is a dining and entertaining scene that has developed over the last few years proving quite noticeable.
There are independent operations that have opened or been revamped and have been immensely successful:
- The Station Tap House & Steak Co. - revitalized an old building in the downtown core
- New Ontario Brewing Co. - a small micro-brewery in the heart of the city - Cassells St.
- Cultura - a casual fine dining atmosphere, serves tapas (sharing plates) from Wed-Sat - Lakeshore Dr.
- The Crown and Beaver - great pub food, live music scene and a great hangout spot for after sports!
Another one of my favourites that has been around for quite some time now, is The Raven & Republic. A mix of generations, different entertaining nights such as Monday & Tuesday Trivia night - the place is packed! Get your seat early! They also have Beer 101 and Whiskey 101 Tasting nights, they have comedy... it's great to see these kinds of businesses operating in North Bay.
Another favourite is The Boat in the summertime. Where else can you go sit on a yacht patio with a view of Lake Nipissing and enjoy a bucket of coronas and deep fried pickles?
Here are a few shots of this City I hold dear to my heart.
Chief Commanda I - "The Boat"
Boardwalk - North Bay Waterfront
South Shore Lake Nipissing Sunset
Cranberry Trail in the Fall - Callander
North Bay Sunrise from the Bike Path
CENTURY 21 Blue Sky Region Realty Inc., Brokerage*