The sun is out. Summer is finally here. I have finally cleaned up my front and back yard last week which was in my to do list from spring.
A homeowner's chores never ends. But I do feel so much happier once all of the tasks are done.
For my own home, this is my To Do List:
- Clean and wash the patio furniture. We like doing barbecues and hanging out in the patio all summer.
- Plant herbs and vegetables in the backyard. My kids love picking tomatoes, peas and berries. This year I also have lettuce, parsley, eggplant and zucchini.
- Plant a few annuals for some additional punch of color in the front and back yard.
- Spread mulch in the front yard. This prevent weeds from growing and helps keep moisture (means I don't have to water much).
- Clean out the garage and shed.
- Repair sidings in the front of home. The wood panels have to be sanded, filled and painted. However, my husband says he will (hopefully) replace them with vinyl this summer.
- I also want to paint my living room with a brighter and more modern grey color. I'm tired of looking at dated Dusty Rose color from the previous owner.
What's you Summer To Do List for your home? For more cool home improvement ideas, check out an article here in Houzz.