Warman Real Estate Listings and Information
Warman has a population of approximately 7,000 and is located approximately 20 km (12 mi) north of the city of Saskatoon.
The community of Warman was born when the Canadian National Railway running from Humboldt to North Battleford intersected with the Canadian Pacific Railway running from Regina to Prince Albert. This took place in the fall of 1904. The Warman railway station was in operation from 1907 until 1942. In 1910, a fire destroyed much of the town, including most of Main Street (which contained much of Warman's businesses) and the pool house, reducing Warman's population.
The original name of the town was Diamond, because the crossing of the two railroad lines created a diamond shape. Soon the name of the town site was changed to Warman, named after Cy Warman (1855-1914), a journalist who followed and recorded the construction of the Canadian National Railway.
In the early 1950s Warman began to grow again. Warman officially became a city on October 27, 2012.