The land on which Arbor Creek now sits was annexed between 1980 to 1984.The majority of residential construction was done between 1996 and 2006, with a small amount of construction before this (the area first appeared on city maps in the late 1980s, branded as part of the neighboring Erindale community before being split off in the early 1990s). The housing stock is composed mostly of low density, single detached houses.
Roadways in this area feature the names of prominent local personalities, many of them musicians, as well as several former mayors:
- Adaskin Cove - Murray Adaskin, LL.D., D.Mus.; conductor, composer, teacher and violinist.
- Beckett Green - Garth Beckett; pianist with the Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra.
- Buckwold Cove - Sidney Buckwold; former mayor of Saskatoon and former Liberal senator.
- Budz Bay, Lane, Terrace, Crescent, Green - Victor James Budz; firefighter killed in the Queen's Hotel Fire on May 31, 1980.
- Guenter Terrace Crescent, Bay - Dennis Aron Guenter; firefighter killed in the Queen's Hotel Fire on May 31, 1980
- Kaplan Green - Dr. David L. Kaplan, C.M.; winner of the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, former head of the University of Saskatchewan’s Department of Music and former conductor of the Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra.
- McFarland Place - Reginald B. McFarland; Professor of Music.
- Overholt Crescent, Terrace, Court - Dorothy Overholt; Saskatoon Symphony concertmaster.
- Sears Cove: Herbert S. "Bert" Sears, former mayor of Saskatoon
- Wright Way, Court, Crescent, Terrace, Place, Bay - Clifford Wright, former mayor of Saskatoon
In Saskatoon's non-partisan municipal politics, Arbor Creek lies within ward 10, represented by Zach Jeffries, first elected in 2012.
No schools exist in Arbor Creek. Though land was set aside for schools, the public and separate school boards decided to build schools in the adjacent Willowgrove neighbourhood. The land is now being readied for more single-family homes. Schools also already exist in the adjacent Erindale and Forest Grove neighbourhoods.
- Kaplan Green (0.6 acres)
- Beckett Green Pocket Park (1.8 acres)
- Budz Green Pocket Park (2.1 acres)
- Arbor Creek Linear Park (7.0 acres)
- Arbor Creek Neighbourhood Park (20.7 acres)
The Erindale/Arbor Creek Community Association organizes events and activities for its residents. Programs operate out of Father Robinson and Dr. John G. Egnatoff Schools as well as neighbourhood parks. The Association also plays an important role in representing the interests of residents in key community issues such as schools and parks.
Contact me to discover homes in this great family neighbourhood today!