Motherly sayings go a long way in making us a stronger and better person. Even though we hated hearing these comments from our Moms', ironically, we all use the same momisms that we received from our mothers on our kids. Oh! How mucy we appreciate our mohters for coming up with such perfect one liners.
This motherly advice transcends the borders of time, space language and culture. For kids are kids everywhere and Mom is always Mom ... caring concerned, all knowing anf full of live.
- "Cheer up, the worst is yet to come". Usually said in the advance of grounding.
- Someday your face is going to stay like that.
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
- Yes, I "AM" the boss of you!
- Because I said so.
- Just wait until your father gets home.
- No desert until you eat every last bit of it.
- I brought you into this world and I can take you OUT!
- I've got eyes in the back of my head ... that's how!
- Get that thing out of your mouth (or nose).
- Just you wait until you have kids of your own...then you'll understand.
- You tell that bully to cut it out or you'll tell the teacher ...
- I salve for hours over a hot stove ad this is the thanks I get!?
- Honestly ... You'd lose your head if it wasn't screwed on!
- Honestly, that cardigan looks great on you - the girls had better watch out with you around!
- Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age!
- Who'll end up walking, bathing and feeding it ... ?