It's official - total real estate sales have passed the $1 billion mark for the first time. Based on reports through the Association of Regina REALTORS® MLS® System, several new highs were sent in November 2011 compared to a year ago:
- Sales up 21% - from 257 to 311
- Sales in the city up 18% - from 220 to 259
- Average sale price up 3% - from $265,590 to $273,243
- Average sale price in the city up 5% - from $271,028 to $284,716
- Active Listings at the end of November - 1,103, including 507 in the city
- New listings in November up 4% - from 331 to 344
- Sales up 8% - from 3,378 to 3,652
- Sales in the city up 18% - from 2,914 to 3,117
- Average sale price up 8% - from $258,438 to $277,898
- Average sale price in the city up 8% - from $264,143 to $285,731
The sales activity in November is characteristic of a combination of late summer and early fall market and strong demand for housing. We are now entering what is typically the slower market around the holidays.
Are you looking for a REALTOR® to list your home or searching for the home of your dreams? Check out our website. We have trained professionals in Regina and surrounding areas that can help you with all your real estate needs.