The Canadian Real Estate Association releases REALTOR.ca mobile application for Apple iPhone
The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) today released its REALTOR.ca app for the Apple® iPhone®. REALTOR.ca is the most visited real estate website in Canada, listing on average some 350,000 properties at any time.
“This free application brings Apple iPhone users the features and functionality of the REALTOR.ca website, as well as some interesting device-specific features” said CREA president Georges Pahud. “Consumers today expect portable information and REALTORS® across Canada are happy to be providing this service.”
The free REALTOR.ca app is provided at no cost to consumers by Canada’s 100,000 REALTORS® and more than 100 real estate Boards and Associations.
The app provides users with the features and functionality of REALTOR.ca and takes advantage of Apple iPhone device features, such as:
- Using the handheld’s GPS technology:
Properties Near Me - get up-to-date property information, photos and driving directions;
New Listings Near Me – recent listings in the area you’re visiting;
Open Houses Near Me – find open houses near your present location;
- My Agent – Contact either your agent(s), or the listing agent for more information about a specific property;
- Property Search - Search for houses and properties across Canada, and connect with REALTORS® to view, buy or sell a property;
- Personalized settings allowing the user to set default language, unit of measure, how properties are displayed, and search radius for “Near Me” searches;
- Interactive BING mapping is embedded to allow focus on specific neighbourhoods;
- Scheduled Open Houses can be added to the device’s calendar.
“When considering one of life’s biggest financial transactions, easily accessible, detailed information about homes and neighbourhoods, as well as access to REALTORS®, helps people make well-informed decisions” stated Pahud.
With the addition of the Apple iPhone app, REALTOR.ca is now available for two of the most popular handheld device operating systems, as the Windows Phone 7® version was released in November. A BlackBerry app will be released in February 2011.
CREA is one of Canada’s largest single-industry trade associations, representing more than 100,000 REALTORS® working through more than 100 real estate Boards and Associations. CREA owns and operates the REALTOR.ca website, Canada’s most visited real estate resource for property buyers and sellers.
FYI, I found the app quickly by just typing in "realtor.ca" in the app store search screen. Give it a try!