Well - tended properties welcome guests, promote safety, and boost the value of your home. That’s true, but the upkeep takes time and energy.
I’m writing this short post on a beautiful August day with the temperature approaching 25° Celsius. I hope you’re enjoying the fine weather too, and it’s not my intent to distract you from whatever you’re doing.
However, we both know the weather will eventually turn cold, and before the wind blows and the snow flies, here are 7 maintenance projects to take advantage of the warm weather and prepare for what’s to come....
- Clean the gutters and downspouts.
- Inspect the roof and chimney for cracks and damage.
- Seal the driveway to help extend asphalt life.
- Wash all windows, check weather stripping, and caulk as necessary.
- Check back deck for cracked boards and nail pops; make sure the support structure is in good shape.
- Prune shrubs around air conditioners; leave at least 18” at sides for circulation.
- Test and lubricate garage doors.
I’m sure there are a LOT of other things you would rather do. However, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing these maintenance projects are done, making your home safer and more efficient.