The Planning and Growth Management Department has approved the Draft Plan of Subdivision submitted by Novatech on behalf of Thomas Cavanagh Construction Ltd. and Stittsville South Inc. subject to the development conditions.
This site has been referred to as Stittsville South and Area 6 and is municipally known as 1845, 1877, 1883 and 1921 Stittsville Main Street, Part of 6070 Fernbank Road, Part of 5993 Flewellyn Road, and one additional unaddressed contiguous parcel. The application file number is D07-16-13-0033.
The current plan includes 338 detached dwelling units, 160 townhouses, and 152 terrace homes/apartments for a total of 650 units.
Here are some of the conditions attached to this subdivision;
- No construction traffic of any kind will access this subdivision using Hartsmere Drive any time during the construction. There will also be no construction traffic using Poplarwood as there will not be a road connecting to this street.
- Street Twelve and Street Thirteen will remain closed between Hartsmere Drive and Street One until such time as a collector road connecting to either Fernbank Road and/or Shea Road through the Area 6 East land (aka Davidson’s land) is available.
- The owner will be required to install barriers and signage preventing vehicular access to this section of the road. These barriers will be designed to allow for emergency vehicles to access the subdivision, all to the satisfaction of the General Manager of Planning and Growth Management.
- Prior to a road connection through the Area 6 East land (aka Davidson’s land) to Fernbank Road and/or Shea Road as shown on is constructed, no more than 350 building permits will be issued within this subdivision. Prior to the aforementioned collector road is connected, the Owner may request additional 50 building permits once 250 units are occupied and a traffic count is conducted for the intersection of Stittsville Main and Street One/West Ridge that confirms there is available capacity.
- The Owner agrees to construct (and enter into cost sharing agreements with the other land owner) a collector road connecting to Fernbank Road and/or Shea Road through the Area 6 East land (aka Davidson’s land), under the circumstances that the aforementioned collector road is not built by the other land owner of Area 6 East land (aka Davidson’s land).
For a complete view of what the new subdivision will look like, click here.
To check out all the conditions and the approved plan please visit: http://shadqadri.com/…/planning-dev/residential-development/
All information was taken directly from http://shadqadri.com/stittsville-info/planning-dev/residential-development/