A month into 2011 sales figures and housing prices in Regina and area are showing positive signs for the year. Sales were the second highest seen in January in the past ten years, and prices set a new high for the month.
See the full media release
- housing sales up 17% from the 183 sales a year ago
- the average price in January of 2011 was $260,133, up 8% over the average price of $240,274 a year ago
- a new record for total sales dollar volume reached in January of $55.9 million a 27% increase over the previous high of $44M set a year ago.
- 981 active listings in the market (570 in Regina) in January, and 404 new homes listed on MLS®, up 17% (or 59 listings) over January 2010.
- in January 2011 homes were in the market an average of 43 days and selling at an average of 96.9% of the asking price.
Gord Archibald, ARR Executive Officer says the results are encouraging:"Provided the economy performs well, we are anticipating another good year for the Regina and area market in 2011."