If you have a little corner that is dull and needs a lift, try out these creative and cost-effective decor ideas:
- Create your own art in no time by surrounding scraps of wrapping paper, wallcovering or even fabric remnants with a mix of different frames in various sizes but matching colours for a harmonious assemblage.
- Blow up photographs of favourite flowers, outdoor scenes or weather events to hang on a family-room wall. To add even more interest, cut the enlargement in sections and hang them separately as a triptych.
- Use a flower press to dry leaves and ferns. Attach them to card stock and frame. A multiple display adds a surprisingly graphic punch to a simple shelf arrangement.
- Copy landscape plans from garden books and use them to paper a wall.
- Accessorize with garden-inspired items. Frame vintage seed packets or pages from an old book of botanical drawings.
Turn your trash to treasure, and don't let your leftovers waste away in the landfill. :)