Sweet Carrot Salad
A friend passed this one on to me and I must say... it's a keeper!
I used carrots from a local farmer's market but I am sure soon the store will be the only ones available. Carrots pair amazingly well with tasty salad toppings that have chew and crunch - like dried cranberries and toasted walnuts.
- Start with a base of baby kale or mixed greens.
- Warm 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet.
- Add 2 cups peeled, thinly sliced carrots, and a pinch of sale.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes and add a teaspoon of honey and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Toss 1/2 cup of thinly sliced red or green cabbage over your salad greens, then add a tablespoon of chopped toasted walnuts and cranberries.