We are finally in the month of December. You know what that means, the spirit of the holidays is now upon us. The HSH Team would like to offer a few tips on how to maximize the holiday spirit in your home.
- If possible, keep the fireplace blazing, as well as floor and table lamps on during showings
- Use candles of all sizes and on every conceivable surface of the room to achieve that glowing feeling. Reflect multiple and lustrous candlesticks in front of mirrors.
- Display branches in urns or vases: They're very Dr. Zhivago, wintry and frosty, versus the
traditional Christmas tree. It's a nice look for a loft or small condo.
- Pick a color theme and repeat it throughout a home usingsimple, natural objects. This will keep decorations from tipping into the tacky, cluttered look.
- Hang a welcoming wreath on the front door. Try one over the headboard, on an interior door or bathroom wall.
- Pile a huge platter of mandarin oranges, green pears or pomegranates in the kitchen.
- Lay out huge Christmas balls along the top of the fireplace mantle or a ledge.