It seems like just yesterday summer was beginning with all the fun activities that come along with it such as having barbeques in your backyards with friends and family, camping, swimming and more. Now in what seems like a blink of an eye, fall is here. As fall marks a transition from summer to winter, you will notice a change in the outdoor appearance of your home.
Curb appeal is one of the most important factors that potential home buyers look for when purchasing. Here are some landscaping and style tips to increase the curb appeal of your home; the attractiveness of the exterior of your home.
- Planting Fall Flowers: Now that summer is over it doesn’t mean you have to give up gardening for the year. Enhance your garden with fall blooming flowers such as chrysanthemums, colchiums, and asters.
- Highlight Your Front Door: A colorful painted door and an ornament such as a wreath can make your home a lot more inviting.
- Maintaining a Tidy Exterior: Increase the attractiveness of your home by making sure the exterior of your home is in immaculate condition. Complete maintenance tasks such as touching up older paint, siding and shingles.
- Getting Rid of Those Pesky Leaves: If you have trees near or on your property you know how tedious of a job this is. However, cleaning the leaves out of your gutter and raking them off your yard makes it look that much more appealing.
- Outdoor Lighting: Brightening up your home with simple but thoughtful lighting fixtures will make it more welcoming.
- Complimentary Decorations: Use benches, chairs, flower pots and other decorations that complement the exterior of your home.
For many more home tips, Calgary real estate market information and our featured Calgary listings please Click Here and visit our Home Sweet Home Team website. If you are interested in purchasing or selling a Calgary property please Contact Us today!