Entertaining at home is a great way to get together with friends and family. Going out to dinner or events is fun, but there is something special about hosting at home.
Here are 5 simple tips you can do to prep your home for guests:
1) Greet and eat: When the party starts, you’ll be busy greeting guests. Put a cheese plate, crackers, and olives out on your coffee table so guests can munch and mingle while you meet people at the door.
2) Serve up hospitality: Serving people adds an extra task to your entertaining to-do list. Push a side table against a wall or use your kitchen island to set up a buffet table so people can serve themselves. Plus, this will leave you with more time with your guests - and less time in the kitchen.
3) Let guests mix: If you have a bar cart, set up all your beverages in one place. If you don’t, assemble everything on a large side table. It’s one less task for a busy host and lets guests create their favourite drinks.
4) Create conversations: Rearrange your living room couches and chairs so they allow for easy conversation. If you’re short on furniture, bring in chairs from the dining room or kitchen while people enjoy hors d’oeuvres.
5) Add delight with details: Little additions like decorations, fresh flowers, candles, and place settings can make the evening even more special. Have some fun designing a table or theme that matches your style!
Now call some friends and invite them over - happy entertaining!
* Holiday Entertaining Survey: Food, Gift Exchanges Most Popular at Parties. (n.d.). Retrieved September 28, 2015.
Must Reads This Month:
Sell Your House In As Little As 24 Hours – But Wait What About The Kitchen? Before we get into how we can sell your house in as little as 24 Hours let's first get your house ready starting in "The Kitchen - Heart of the House" Yep, it’s the room that holds the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and assorted smaller appliances. Read More...
If You’re Going To Buy A Home In the Next 60 Days, Our FREE HomeFinder Service Is Just For You... However before we go there have a read below, on how to avoid five of the most expensive mistakes Homebuyers make 1st Time Buyer or Move Up Buyer... Mistake #1: Not knowing how much they can afford before they make an offer.Read More...