Photo curtosy of www.ownsandiegorealestate.com
Welcome back for the finale of this three-part blog series. The last thing
I promised to discuss was how to pick a good REALTOR® and what they should be offering.
When you are considering any REALTOR® as your REALTOR®, here are a few questions you should ask:
- What makes you different from all the other REALTOR®s out there?
- What experiences do you have that will help us sell our home? (I say experiences, because even new REALTOR®s can have a wealth of life experiences that make them the candidate who can sell your home the best)
- Do you know this area well?
- What is the market like in our area?
- What is for sale and what has sold recently in our area?
- What marketing strategy are you going to use to sell our home?
- What is the process to get our home listed and sold?
- What recourse do I have if it doesn’t seem like things are working out with you? (You want to ask this to make sure that you know all your options before you sign a contract with them)
You should also make sure that when they explain their services to you that they are at the very least going to provide you with the following:
- Present an accurate Comparable Market Analysis (CMA)
- Arrange for professional photographs of your home
- Create a notable, industry-leading online presence for your specific property
- Provide in-depth knowledge of market trends in your area
- Provide tips to sell your home more quickly, such as home staging advice
- Increase exposure and circulation of your home in the market
- Give useful guidance and expertise
- Provide innovative marketing techniques
- Provide expert knowledge of local communities
- Remove the stress from the sales process
- Arrange all showings and prospective buyer interactions to suite your schedule
- Negotiate the best selling price
- Provide dedicated client services
- Continually update and advance their own education to enhance their services to you
- Assist you through the closing process
- Provide you with an understanding of local real estate procedures and regulations
- Promote your home through their Brokerage’s Global Referral Network
- Provide referrals to service partners to assist with financing, inspection, relocation and more
If they are not going to do the above listed items, then they aren’t going to do everything possible to sell your home. You will have to weigh the pros and cons of what each REALTOR® has to offer you as circumstance dictates it, but the above list of questions and the above list of standards are a good guideline to use when evaluating what a REALTOR® has to offer to you and the sale of your home.
Having said all that, I wish you a speedy and profitable sale of your home if you are choosing to sell on your own and if you are looking for a REALTOR® or would just like some real estate advice, call me today at 250.808.3638! I am here to help!
~Helping you SEE Possibilities. Let’s make a change.~