A survey conducted in 2011 by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) saw that the use of real estate agents in the USA were at a 10 year high. Over 5700 home buyers and sellers were polled, and 89% of them were using agents. This is an increase of nearly 20% in the last decade. Although many recounted the complicated process as reason to go with the experience of a licensed Realtor®, these numbers are also comparable to the Canadian market.
The study asked people what was the most important service they wanted out of their agent:
- 55% said they wanted the agent to find them the right home.
- 13% said they wanted their agent to negotiate the price.
- 12% said they wanted their agent to negotiate the terms of the agreement.
- 7% said they wanted their agent to accurately determine what comparable homes sold for.
- 6% said they wanted help with paperwork.
- 3% wanted agents to help them determine what they could afford.
- 3% wanted agents to help them find and arrange financing.
The NAR survey reported the results were not exclusive to first time home buyers, but also for repeat buyers, and new and resale homes. Other significant results from the survey pointed out that:
- more than half of the people polled said that real estate agents pointed out unnoticed features and faults with a property
- 44% said the agents negotiated better contracts and terms
- 46% said their agent improved their knowledge of search areas.
The survey clearly outlines the difficult buying and selling process and how a licensed Realtor® is a valuable asset for all buyers and sellers of real estate.
As Michael Polzler, Executive Vice-President of Re/Max Ontraio-Atlantic Canada, said in a recent open letter in REM, “We are in the business of providing value and knowledge. It’s what we as professional realtors bring to the table that sells our services time and time again. The results we generate are unparalleled. It’s not by luck or by chance that 90% of homes sold on MLS are moved by realtors”.
With over 5,100 Realtors® in Calgary and the surrounding area, consumers will have no problem finding the right agent to fit their requirements.
At Century 21 Power Realty alone, we have 43 Representatives in 5 Offices to assist with both residential and commercial real estate needs. We are all dedicated individuals guaranteed to put our Clients' needs first and foremost above all other factors. Please visit our page at http://www.century21.ca/powerrealtyca/Search/Directory/powerrealtyca to view all our agents and their profiles.