1. They're highly skilled negotiators. Realtors and trained and experienced in negotiation, and their instinct to say the right thing at the right time can make your transaction a great success. When it comes to getting a fair price and a good deal, you want a professional that knows how to represent your interests during a real estate transaction.
2. They have inside knowledge. Realtors know about all local listings –new to the market, price reduced, sold, expired, and historical data including "days on market"; and can explain why certain homes have sold for more/less. Many know the active buyers in your area through their own business as well as their established relationships with other local realtors.
3. They know how to make the market work for you. When your full time career is working directly with home buyers and sellers, your knowledge of the current market and statistics is second-to- none. Is there a type of home more buyers are currently looking for? Is there an up and coming neighbourhood that is about to take off? What helps sell a home faster and for far more money? Ask a realtor.
4. They make the legal process flow. Real estate transactions are full of detailed legal documents and conditions that are strict. Not having the right forms, knowing the right language to use for each condition of the sale, or overlooking an unexpected contract term can make you miss a sale or, worse, end up in legal trouble. Realtors know the process inside and out and will explain each detail to you.
5. They know what the best deal looks like – for you. You want the best price for a particular house in a specific market today. Realtors know the best timing for sales and emerging trends in your area that aren't captured in the current prices of homes. There are many aspects of a home that have hidden value and are often missed!
A realtor can advise you on improvements to make, staging tips, pricing strategies, and offer you exception service to make the whole process as exciting and positive as it should be.
I'm always happy to answer your real estate questions. Feel free to call me -- 416-722-9103.