A home isn't simply a structure with floors, walls an ceilings. It's a place of laughter, comfort and security. Finding the right home is like choosing a partner to share the most important moments of your life. Are you buying your first home ? Don't make these 5 mistakes.
1. Not getting pre-qualified for a mortgage - Pre-quallify with a broker of your choice. This can save you hours of searching for homes in the wrong price range.
2. Not shopping for mortgage terms - Rates are negotiable! Banks will sharpen their pencil to get your business. The time spent determining the right rate and package for you can save thousands of dollars over the life of the mortgage.
3. Not getting a professional home inspection - Nobody wants to purchase a home only to find out that there are defects, latent or otherwise. You may be able to negotiate the purchase price to cover any required repairs.
4. Not using a real estate representative -A sales representative can help you purchase a home, use their expertise to navigate issues, and ensure taht the price you pay is fair market value. They are there to make the process as clean and smooth as possible, so make sure to ask questions.
5. Not knowing the full cost of home buying - Know the costs associated with your purchase, such as legal fees, transfer taxes, future monthly utilities and other potential costs.
If your thinking of buying or selling .. call a professional Realtor ... Call Kathy Kewley ...519-851-7535 .... Kathy Kewley .... A Name You Know .... A Name You Can Trust !!