Ottawa, ON, April 15, 2013 - According to statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales edged upward on a month-over-month basis in March 2013 but stayed well below levels recorded one year ago.
- National Home Sales rose 2-4% from February to March
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 15.3% below levels in March 2012.
- The number of newly listed homes was up 3.2% from February to March
- The Canadian housing market remains firmly in balanced territory
- The national average sale price rose 2.5% on a year-over-year basis in March.
- The MLS HPI rose 2.2% in March, its smallest gain in more than 2 years.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS Systems of real estate Boards and Associations an other co-operative listings systems in Canada rose 2-4% on a month-over month basis in March 2013.