For A Quicker Sale, Make Sure Your Home Is Exciting!
We don't get a second chance to make a good first impression. Most buyers look for homes that are well cared for and bright. In general, clean and spiffy.
CHECK LIST FOR FASTER SALES
- Lawns and yard - remove clutter, cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens.
- Front of house - paint, fix or wash railings, steps,storms and / or front door.
- Other exterior - side or back door, fix or wash doors and windows.
- Garage - straighten up, paint, fix or wash doors and windows.
- Plumbing - repair dripping faucets, leaky toilets.
- Heating/cooling - clean exterior of unit.
- Lights - replace all burned out bulbs, faulty switches.
- Halls and stairs - remove any clutter to give a wide appearance.
- Hardware - oil hinges, tighten door knobs, faucets.
- General condition - dust, wash, paint, fix defects, as required.
- Consider feeling of spaciousness - store unneeded items to "enlarge" room size.
THESE ITEMS ARE SUPER CRITICAL
- Kitchen - stove, refrigerator, sink should be spotless, all work space clear.
- Bathrooms -neat, spotless and fresh. Repair broken putty around tub.
- Closets - untidy or over-crowded closets suggest inadequate storage space.