Even though it’s been a full year, it still feels very new to me. I am lucky to have a great support system and an awesome office to work for. There are certain things I do wish I had known beforehand though so I thought I would share in case you’re thinking of joining this crazy fun career choice.
- There are monthly expenses associated with Real Estate, so be prepared financially before starting. It’s recommended that you have 6-8 months of expenses saved for beforehand because it’s not guaranteed you will sell a house right away.
- Ask! Most other Realtors are glad to share their knowledge and help you out.
- At first you may not know a ton about homes, sales, etc. But jump right in and you will learn along the way. I learn something new almost every day!
- Just like any other business it’s not likely you will make money immediately. It gets tough and expensive but if you stick with it, it can be rewarding.
- Be consistent. This is something I wish I had done early on. Set a business plan and keep at it. If you want to be successful all year long, you must be consistent in your daily activities.
- Be open to taking as many courses as possible. Expand your knowledge as much as possible whether it be about homes themselves or maybe a session on social media.
- Find someone who you look up to. This person can be anyone; someone who will push you and motivate you to be the best you each day.
- Make time for family, friends and yourself. Even if you need to set it as an appointment in your planner. You need to be well-balanced to be the best you!
- Lastly, don’t let the fear of rejection scare you away from getting out there. Take risks and let it motivate you to jump into the business!
I hope these tips were able to help you out in any way. Also, don’t be shy if you have any questions about getting into Real Estate. If I don’t know the answer I will find it!