HomeSpect Home Inspector Saves Lives in Bowmanville!!

Lucky for the realtor and family at an address in Bowmanville, Robin Murray of Homespect Home and Property Inspections stopped by a Sunday afternoon Open House and immediately smelled natural gas!  He brought it to the attention of the realtor who asked him to take a look at the furnace.  What Robin found prompted a call to the local gas company who immediately responded.  Later that day Robin received a very grateful call from the realtor who advised him that the gas company found not one but two leaks in the furnace system and said that if the furnace would've kicked on, the entire house would've been blown apart!!!  Then later the homeowner called Robin to thank him again for saving her life!  Not only could the home have been blown apart by the furnace, but the homeowner was a smoker and her lighter would've ignited an explosion or the fumes and gases would've killed this family in their sleep!!!  It is important that we know what gas smells like and how to react when we suspect it!  If you suspect a natural gas or propane leak in your heating system contact the fire department or local utility company immediately and leave the home until they arrive and give you the clearance to return to the home!  It WILL save your life!

Keeley Ward

Keeley Ward

Sales Representative
CENTURY 21 Infinity Realty Inc., Brokerage*
Contact Me

Blog Archives

Tags