There is a game of online tag going around town, my husband Rob Lantz tagged me. When you are 'tagged', you are supposed to write 7 things about yourself, then tag 7 more bloggers.
Here are mine:
1. My first real job (other than babysitting) was as an ice cream scooper at the old Garden City Dairy on the corner of University and Fitzroy (former Playhouse Bar). I worked there for a summer when I was 15. It was hard work, scooping ice cream all day, making sundays, working the cash, cleaning the place, mopping that floor. Met lots of interesting characters down there.
2. I am a Newfie.
3. My Grandmother and I went to Smitty's for lunch every Tuesday when I was in University. When she was older and in a nursing home, I went to see her every Sunday morning (no matter how late I was out on the previous night). I met Rob just a few months after she passed away. She would have *loved* him and I wish they could have met.
4. In my early 20's I tried out being a Hippie for a while. I went to Grateful Dead Concerts and hung around with Hippie-like people. I didn't like anything about it. Especially the flat sandals, it's hard to look like a hippie in high heels. The concerts were fun though.
5. In my later 20's I had a beer lovers dream job. I worked for DME, selling and marketing brewery equipment in North America. I went to the Siebel Institute in Chicago to learn how to drink beer. I went to beer festivals in New York City, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, Atlanta, Phoenix, and lots of small towns in between. It was a *great* job to have then, I loved it and learned a lot.
6. I spend way too much time reading online gossip blogs (though I don't watch much TV anymore).
7. I am turning the big 40 in May of this year. In anticipation of this event, I have been working out like a crazy person since last fall. I might as well be fit and 40!