A lease or a bought building for the purpose of growing indoor marijuana plant is called a Grow Op. These nurseries or hydroponics operations can be anywhere in urban locations and smaller rural communities, operations could be up to growing a few plants in one room basement or large warehouse with thousandths of plants.
Marijuana grow operations requires massive amounts of hydro and water and can destroy a residence in a matter of months, which can be very costly to homeowners for extensive clean up and repairs to the damage property.
Grow Op signs to look out for
- unusual strong odour inside and outside of home, (similar to skunk cabbage)
- signs of electrical tampering (power meter spins at a very high speed )
- large amounts of steam coming from the vents in the home on cooler nights
- humming sound of fans or generator
- condensation or discolouring on the roof
- condensation can be present on window panes
- painted circle marks on basement concrete where pots once were
- pattern of screw holes on the walls
- modification done to the fire place
- dark covering over some of the windows
- visitors come and going at odd hours
- exterior appearance of home untidy and very little maintenance done
By knowing the signs of marijuana Grow Ops provides us ( home owners, landlords, and property managers with the tools we need to understand the issues surrounding such illegal operations.