Summer is a great season to cook outdoors, gas/propane barbecues and grills are great to cook on but it can be risking and unsafe if not looked after or cleaned.Combining explosive fuels with food, hot metals can be a disaster.The number one cause gas grills fires is an obstruction in the path of fuel.Here are some safety tips to keep you enjoying your outdoor cooking.
- On new barbecues or grills before operating follow and read the manual instruction very carefully.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near by for immediate use.
- Smoke gets in eyes, hair and clothes, try to sit a distance away as not to breath carbon monoxide and other dangerous chemicals.
- Do regular inspection of your gas/propane grill for problem, look for dust , bugs,old food particles etc..
- Clean grease that collects and builds up in your grill over time.
- Place grill in appropriate location away from your home,trees,and shrubs.
Knowing some of these important safety tips will help us continue to enjoy our nice hot summers and our great outdoor cooking meals.